RTT is committed towards
GOING GREEN and has a defined strategy in place to
ensure that our activities are geared towards a sustainable future for our Planet Earth. Our goal is to
reduce consumption of natural resources, waste and pollution, to effectively reuse what we have, to recycle everything we can, to purchase and
consume environmentally friendly products, and to comply with and where possible, exceed environmental regulations.
We aim to:
- Reduce, Reuse and Recycle our waste to our maximum capability
- Reduce our Carbon Footprint through making use of energy in an efficient manner and thereby minimize the pollution into the atmosphere
- Reduce our water footprint and conserve this valuable resource in every possible way
- Protect and conserve the natural environment, and all our natural resources in our immediate surroundings as well as the environment which is impacted upon by our business activities
- Promote environmental and sustainability awareness among our employees, clients and supply chain
- Create an even healthier and safer working environment for all our employees
- Drive and take part in sustainability projects in our surrounding community as well as in South Africa
We are committed to creating a GREENER and
SUSTAINABLE world so the inheritance we leave our children may enable them to prosper
in every way.
RTT Group has appointed a professional consulting company, Go-Green Global Consulting to assist with the Greening project. The objectives of the project are to:
- Undergo a Carbon audit throughout the Group at ACSA to determine our Carbon footprint
- Undergo Site Audits and Environmental Risk Assessments to determine problem areas and also establish current good practices
- To provide recommendations to correct and reduce problem areas and Carbon emissions
- Introduce ongoing measurement for sustained, long-term momentum and control
At the end of the project implementation the RTT Group expects the following outcomes:
- A base figure of CO2/GHG emissions for the Group within the areas of the audit
- A breakdown of these emissions by source type i.e. vehicle emissions, electricity, waste, paper etc.
- A list of no cost, low cost and high cost corrective actions and initiative, targets and timelines, along with anticipated relative reduction goals
- Registered Membership of an International Green Organisation
- Certification as a “Green Logistics Company”
It is RTT’s intention is to complete the program, implement processes that will create a greener environment, and become a “Green Logistics” forerunner in South Africa.
“Sometimes it falls upon a generation to be great. You can be that generation”
– Nelson Mandela